[ubuntu-uk] Gaming on Ubuntu

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 12 14:23:19 UTC 2012

On 09/07/12 22:09, Barry Drake wrote:

> I would feel a bit more encouraged if Canonical were to put a tiny bit
> of effort into raising the profile.  The time is ripe as you say,
> Alan.  Look at the really annoying adverts that Microsoft put on the
> Linux Mag e-pages.  A similar effort from Canonical would not cost the
> earth and would raise interest.  Add to that the potential army of
> volunteers like us who would give loads of time to the follow up
> ....   Canonical; if you are listening - don't miss the opportunity.
>
> Regards,        Barry.
>
> -- Barry Drake is a member of the the Ubuntu Advertising team.
> http://ubuntuadverts.org/

they have been doing some stuff recently to encourage people to create
applications for Ubuntu, I think that resulted in 140 or so being
submitted, there were some laptops as prizes (and a tshirt for everyone
taking part)

http://developer.ubuntu.com/

http://developer.ubuntu.com/showdown/

this is the kind of area where the effort is concentrated.

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk