[ubuntu-uk] Gaming on Ubuntu

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Mon Jul 9 19:53:33 UTC 2012

On 09/07/12 20:36, Daniel Case wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> If you haven't heard, Windows 8 drops in October (around the release
> of 12.10) and a lot of speculation says people will be looking for
> alternate operating systems, Windows 8 gets rid of a lot and it is
> another Windows Vista as it were, whereas Unity has become a pleasure
> to use. So I think Ubuntu may get a lot of new users during this
> time...

I think you have an excellent point. I notice though, that although
the more technical Windows user I meet does now, often, actually know
of the existence of Ubuntu, it is still most unlikely that the general
users of Windows will even have heard about it. I would really welcome
a slightly higher profile of (UK) marketing and publicity, aimed at
informing that an alternative 'exists'. The idea of 'Roadshows' has
come to mind..... not something to be done single handed though?

--
alan cocks