[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu One and Dropbox problems

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Fri Jul 6 20:48:59 UTC 2012

On 06/07/12 21:43, Colin Law wrote:

> What happens if, in a terminal, you enter
> ping www.google.com
>
> and if that fails try google directly
> ping 173.194.67.105
>
> Also if you go to the network icon in the top panel, click it and
> click Connection Information what do you see?
>
> Colin

When it loses the connection, I did try the ping google.com but it did
not get any reply. I could ping the router okay. Also the Network
information showed an IP address and proper connection.
But I am thinking something in a firewall is blocking internet access? I
tried entering

    ufw status

in the CLI and it said it was not running, so is there another firewall
that gets installed in 12.04?

David K