[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu 12.04 and Ubuntu One and Dropbox problems

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Fri Jul 6 19:38:01 UTC 2012

On 06/07/12 19:40, David King wrote:
> When trying to access Ubuntu One, it starts the installation process.
> Not sure why as I thought it should have been installed by default, in
> fact, when I looked in the Ubuntu Software Centre it says it is
> installed. It gets to the end of the installation process and then
> crashes and asks to submit an error report and to either relaunch or
> close the program. It then restarts and goes through the process
> again. It has created an Ubuntu One folder in my Home directory, but I
> cannot access any Ubuntu One settings to log in with my existing
> account. Also the Ubuntu One installation window seems to get stuck on
> "Ubuntu One is installing..." for a long time.

Ubuntu One was OK at the beginning of 12.04 and 12.10 - but I've just
re-installed both and there is a big problem that I've reported as a
bug, and I'm working on it as well.  Currently, in both 12.04 and 12.10
I can access my account, but I'm having to set stuff up from the
commandline using u1sdtool.  I think there is currently a problem in the
gui.

Regards,        Barry.

-- Barry Drake is a member of the the Ubuntu Advertising team.
http://ubuntuadverts.org/