[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu on the Vaio S series

Barry Titterton barry.titterton at mail.adsl4less.com
Mon Jul 2 12:10:33 UTC 2012

On Mon, 2012-07-02 at 09:20 +0100, Anton Kanishchev wrote:
> If you play your cards right and mention that there is no bs of cto
> models being non refundable (in terms and conditions) before you buy
> they are unlikely to try to play that trick on you.

Hi Anton,

I'm not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure that distance selling laws in the
UK give you the same type of consumer protection as if you bought it
over the counter: If the object is "not of merchantable quality" i.e.
broken or does not meet the advertised specification, you have to reject
it in writing. You can then send it back for a full refund and the
original seller must also refund your postal costs. I did this recently
with a laptop battery which tests showed was only half the capacity that
the seller was claiming.

Cheers,

Barry T