[ubuntu-uk] Update BIOS with dual boot

Philip Stubbs philip at stuphi.co.uk
Tue Jan 31 20:29:06 UTC 2012

On 31 January 2012 14:38, James Morrissey <morrissey.james1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have realised that some graphics glitches i have been experiencing
> on my thinkpad x121e might be the product of an out-of-date BIOS. As
> such i am looking to update my BIOS.

The last BIOS update I did was on an ASUS motherboard. ASUS supply a
DOS utility to flash the BIOS, so I created a bootable CD with
FreeDOS, the utility and the new BIOS on it, as I don't have a floppy
drive. The FeeDOS website had a guide to creating the CD. If Lenovo
also have a DOS utility, that may be a way forward.

--
Philip Stubbs