[ubuntu-uk] bottom quoting - was mbr

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Mon Jan 30 15:13:30 UTC 2012

On 30/01/12 14:44, Liam Proven wrote:
>  *Some* context is necessary to follow the thread. Secondly, doesn't
>  any half-decent modern email client collapse text you've read before?

Dunno ....  I've used Evolution quite recently and am now using
Thunderbird simply as the Ubuntu default client.  Neither of these seem
to do anything like you've mentioned, and honestly, with a client that
doesn't do something like that, having to scroll down through pages of
regurgitated stuff in order to see anything new is annoying - and you
never need to see the last three or four contributions to the thread to
pick up context.  If you've been following a thread, the last posting is
normally enough context.  Example: isn't the context I've quoted above
adequate?

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/