[ubuntu-uk] Recommendations for a printer?

paul sutton zleap at zleap.net
Sun Jan 22 20:10:15 UTC 2012

On 22/01/12 20:06, Andy Braben wrote:
> On 22 January 2012 19:45, alan c <aeclist at candt.waitrose.com> wrote:
>
>> On 22/01/12 13:34, Liam Proven wrote:
>>> I've tried a couple of Kodaks and they worked well too, once the
>>> specific driver was installed - which was a battle as Kodak don't make
>>> them readily available. Kodak have some of the cheapest ink around, I
>>> believe.
>> Kodak have recently filed for bankrupcy
>>
>> --
>> alan cocks
>>
>> --
>>
>> And since Kodak have filed for bankruptcy, they are trying to recoup some
> money by suing Samsung over image patents.
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16631710
>
> It's not the end of Kodak just yet.

Not sure about cheapest inks,  I can get 4 brother compatible cartifges
for <£9,  the advantagfe with having 4 seprate inks is when 1 colour
runs out you just replace that one colour, and are not stuck with 1
empty section and 2 1/2 full sections and a printer that in some cases
refuses to print.

I find with cyan, magenta, yellow and black,  i get through 1 magenta
cartridges slowly, but end up in that time using at least 2 each of the
others.

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com