[ubuntu-uk] Recommendations for a printer? HPLIP

Juan J. Martínez reidrac at usebox.net
Wed Jan 4 18:20:43 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-01-04 at 18:10 +0000, Andy Braben wrote:
> [...]
>
> Is that not worth a bug report? HPLIP package not kept up to date on
> automatic updates?

That's a very good point. There's a policy about updates after a
release:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

Should HPLIP be listed in the special cases?

Btw, +1 to HP. I'm the happy owner of a F2480 and everything works
perfect (printing and scanning). When I bought it I had to update HPLIP
drivers by hand :P (that was about two years ago though).

Regards,

Juanjo

--
jjm's home: http://www.usebox.net/jjm/