[ubuntu-uk] Raspberry Pi

Steve Pearce me at stevepdp.org
Wed Feb 29 21:25:54 UTC 2012

On 29/02/12 21:06, john beddard wrote:
> Fantastic dedication Paul,
>
> Hope that they are looking towards broadening their production base. I
> know that the BBC have been looking to repeat the success that they had
> with the Acorn. No doubt they will be looking towards developing series
> based around the Pi.
>
> Guess my order will arrive somewhere around June.
>
> John

I'm not sure of the validity of this, but it seems that a BBC Computer
Literacy Project for 2012 is in the works:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_Computer_Literacy_Project_2012

It sounds like a body of cross platform educational tools which could
run on Ubuntu, Mac, Windows and of course the RaspberryPi. Let's hope
that whatever it is they come out with is released as Free Software.

--stevepdp