[ubuntu-uk] Heres an idea (Was "Unity is not working")

David Smith Dave at p3computers.com
Wed Feb 22 16:51:35 UTC 2012

I have to agree with most being said about Unity and how it is such a jump from what we were used to.  I understand the evolution of software, from one version to the next, but this felt like we were being forced to grow wings and webbed feet at the same time (no longer Linux for human beings).

What I haven't noticed is anyone saying that they've jumped to  Kubuntu (to stay faithful to *buntu).  I've had a go, and I'm pretty impressed.  It is as easy to find stuff as Ubuntu 10.10 (which I have been using on my netbook and am loathe to stop when support is discontinued).

It seemed to me that a whole load of customisation was taken away from the
user when Unity came in, but this is an opinion on limited information, since I've only dabbled, and my reaction after dabbling with Unity was a dismissive "Naaaaaaaah!!"

I suspect I will go to Mint on my netbook in due time.

Thoughts?