[ubuntu-uk] Unity is not working.

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Wed Feb 22 16:05:27 UTC 2012

On 22/02/12 14:14, Kris Douglas wrote:

> I am primarily a windows/ web developer (sadly). However I am not
> going to say I don't have the time or anything like that. I will
> happily attempt a mockup.

it is mostly not as hard as you might expect. I did some messing with
the apps lens having never seen Vala code before and I got it doing what
I wanted and sorting the applications into categories as per the gnome
menu: http://people.ubuntu.com/~alanbell/appmenulens.png
I do want to rewrite this as a supplimentary lens that can sit alongside
the main apps lens without conflicting with it so I will start again in
python, but it was only just an hour or two to rip out the "recently
used" and "stuff you don't have" categories and put in the familiar ones.

I will redo it in python with singlet and document the process
http://mhall119.com/2012/02/singlet-quickly-better-faster-simpler/

Alan.

--
The Open Learning Centre is rebranding, find out about our new name and look at http://libertus.co.uk