[ubuntu-uk] Unity is not working.

Kris Douglas krisdouglas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 14:37:04 UTC 2012

On 22 February 2012 14:18, Dino T. <dino at dinot.co.uk> wrote:
> He didnt know the logo but a simple "click the top left icon then type the
> name of the program" couldn't have been said? I got my dad at 68 years old
> to do that easily over the phone.

Hello,

If you weren't there and you were trying to explain that it's not as
easy as it sounds. I said "click the ubuntu logo on the top of the
left hand side of the screen" He returned to me "it just flashes a
box".

He was double clicking, so I asked him to single click and the box
popped up, no problem. He was presented with a lot of icons and things
for different parts of Unity, he didn't understand the concept of
searching for the program he was after so I had to explain that, and
explain that he couldn't open a list, which was his main goal.

--
Regards, Kris Douglas.
 www.krisd.eu