[ubuntu-uk] 12.04 live usb will not boot

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Sun Feb 19 14:06:26 UTC 2012

On 19/02/12 11:08, Andres Muniz wrote:

> Tried today's build and it will not load. Anybody else having same
> problem?
> Tried on netbook aspire one and it simply sits as if loading bios.
> Tried on desktop and it just jumps to hdd grub.

I installed from the friday build and it worked fine - but I got into a
bit of a pickle with grub when doing an over the top install preserving
home. I think it messed up a little, then I messed it up a lot by trying
to install efi grub on a machine that didn't need it. Generally the live
USB booted fine though, it was just the install that I got wrong.

Alan.

--
The Open Learning Centre is rebranding, find out about our new name and look at http://libertus.co.uk