[ubuntu-uk] Opportunity to promote Ubuntu

paul sutton zleap at zleap.net
Sat Feb 18 19:19:02 UTC 2012

Hi

My Local day centre in Paignton has recently gone through some changes,
it has now been named eatthatfrog and is aimed at wider groups in the
local community.

One of the initiatives they are doing is skills swap, essentially they
put people with some skills in touch with people that need help with
something and vice versa.

I got in touch and said I would be willing to help if anyone wanted to
know more about Linux and open source software. I have some knowledge,
but not enough to really do what they have e-mailed be and asked about.

Now they have asked if I can do a talk on the subject for about an
hour,     I was thinking if people asked for just general information or
a short 1 2 1 demo that is fine for me, or maybe help getting up and
running.  But talks are simply beyond me. I will struggle and make a
mess of things,

I was thinking more along the lines of if someone wanted help installing
Ubuntu or setting something simple up I could probably help.

As this is an opportunity for the Ubuntu community to jump in and help
one saturday in March,  is anyone Local available that can help please,
I am happy to help with a presentation so am not passing the buck so to
speak.  just asking for some help so what is presented looks effective.

As this talk would not really focus on what I can do specifically it
would introduce people to the concept of Free and Open source software
and perhaps Ubuntu.

Their website is www.eatthatfrog,org,  contact details are on the website.

If anyone is perhaps willing to come down and talk further then please
let me know and i can let them know we can try and arrange time when we
can give talks.  I think their plans was a 1 hour slot on a day when
others are doing something similar as in giving talks on their area.

thanks

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com