[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu 11.10

Andres Muniz andresmp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 08:07:01 UTC 2012

----- Mensaje original -----
> If it is only Firefox and Thunderbird affected, check the settings of
> those applications for stray proxy settings etc. Whilst I don't see how
> such peculiar settings could have come into force, they could have done,
> and my advice is to check the network settings in Firefox/Thunderbird
> preferences.
>
> Regards,
> John Oliver

not an expert here: When I tried ubuntu at work i had the same problem: each of the programs had to connect through the company proxy. Something like wgate.bla.co.uk with port 1234. I had to ask my IT team. It is the same settings as if you would want your mobile phone to recieve work email. So they should be ok with giving it to you. One way to find out without asking is to check your firefox preferences in windows and use the same for ubuntu firefox and thunderbird.

As said below start with wired connection first.

I do not know why this is, but it seems to be the same with fedora I've been told: some systems detect the proxy settings for some programs but do not comunicate it to the rest.