[ubuntu-uk] Broken Precise .....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Fri Feb 17 15:04:01 UTC 2012

Hi there ....  I just tried to update Precise, and got the message
telling me I could do a 'Partial Upgrade'.  I tried to do that, and
upgrade manager said there was a problem with the desktop due to broken
a gnome package.  I tried to do:
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop^

and was met with this: The following packages have unmet dependencies.
  gnome-session : Breaks: unity-2d (< 5.4~) but 5.2.1-0ubuntu2 is to be
installed
  unity : Depends: libnux-abiversion-20120202.01

Any thoughts?  Or can I expect to get back to normal after next update?

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/