[ubuntu-uk] Using EEEPC as WiFi webcam

Tony Pursell ajp at princeswalk.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 18:58:13 UTC 2012

Hi all

I have found a use for my old EEEPC with a 7" screen, 4GB SSD, 512MB and
Celeron processor running lubuntu as a sort of WiFi webcam.

Currently I put it in the window to watch the birds in the garden by
running guvcview on it then accessing it from my PC using VNC and Remmina.
This is not a bad solution as the wife can also access it using Tightvnc on
her Windows 7 laptop.

However, I am wondering if there are any more elegant solutions for sharing
the webcam on one machine with other machines.

Tony