[ubuntu-uk] A duplex colour laser printer

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 10 11:26:07 UTC 2012

Hi

Hello Phill****

** **

Your e-mail arrangements seem very complicated!****

** **

Best guess on when the two bits of kit will be unavoidable for replacing is
after another 350 pages or so (if 1 page is duplexed 2*A5 and colour – if
you don’t do all pages that way, then multiply up by 4, or even by 8 if
single sided and black).****

** **

Imaging unit - there’s one on eBay for £30 at the moment, but from Xerox’s
site £150 would seem more usual.
http://www.office.xerox.com/printers/color-printers/phaser-6100/supl-enus.html

****

Transfer belt – there’s one on eBay for £20 at the moment, but from Xerox’s
site £120 would seem more usual.****

** **

The eBay offers are “seller refurbished” (whatever that means), and have
just over 3 days to run and may involve P&P on top.****

** **

Simon

--