[ubuntu-uk] Regular updates, and alpha/beta releases .....

Alan Pope alan.pope at canonical.com
Thu Feb 9 10:21:32 UTC 2012

On 09/02/12 09:53, Tyler J. Wagner wrote:
> There is a very tiny chance that software packages installed in the alpha
> will be removed by the final, and that these won't be automatically removed
> from your system. In that case, just run:
>
> sudo apt-get autoremove

In addition to which I'd recommend using the following command to make
sure you have all the necessary bits installed.

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop^

Sometimes during the development release odd things happen and the
ubuntu-desktop or other critical packages can get removed temporarily.
The above command will (re-)install anything that _should_ be installed
on the desktop system.

Surprising how often this command 'magically' fixes stuff.

Cheers,
Al.

--
Alan Pope