[ubuntu-uk] Tablets for Ubuntu

Simon Greenwood sfgreenwood at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 17:00:42 UTC 2012

That is probably it at the moment. Ubuntu on the Nexus 7 is really just a
proof of concept. There is the KDE based Vivaldi tablet which uses a tablet
UI called Plasma on top of the Mer mobile Linux distribution, and that is
more likely to be the path that tablets take. That's not to say that a
fully functioning Linux desktop distro won't work on a tablet but to see
what it's like, try running a VNC session from a desktop on a tablet and
you'll see how many things have to be made to work properly on a
touchscreen.

s/

On 30 December 2012 16:38, Rowan Berkeley <rowan.berkeley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hiya people,
>
> Do you have any thoughts about tablets? I have been googling around and so
> far have found one on-market (very expensive):
> http://www.ekoore.com/web/en/**product/tablet-2/dylan-2/**overview-10.html<http://www.ekoore.com/web/en/product/tablet-2/dylan-2/overview-10.html>
> and one soon to be released (quite cheap):
> http://www.pengpod.com/
>

> --
> ubuntu-uk at lists.ubuntu.com

Twitter: @sfgreenwood