[ubuntu-uk] Unity - Count Your Blessings

Andy Braben andybraben at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 12:41:20 UTC 2012

On 28 December 2012 12:09, Nigel Verity <nigelverity at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I'm one of those people who have tried Unity and concluded that it's just
> not for them. That's why I use Xfce. However, over the last couple of days
> I've been helping out a friend by setting up a new laptop running Windows 8
> and clearing down her old machine running Vista, ready for selling. All I
> can say is that Vista is dreadful, and Windows 8 far far worse. Given me
> Unity any day!

I have set eyes on and had a play with Windows 8 and have never ever seen
anything so badly designed. It really is the most awful system to be
productive on. It is set up to be able to go directly to Facebook or
Twitter etc, but if that doesn't work because of a network problem with the
computer, don't ask me where the settings are, because I couldn't find them!

You like Xfce, I prefer Unity - that's fine - the power of Free Open Source
Software.

> Just letting off steam .......

We will all be able to let off Steam on Ubuntu soon, thanks to Valve not
being able to work with locked down Windows 8.

> Nige

Regards,
Andy