[ubuntu-uk] Python problems in Raring ....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Wed Dec 19 14:00:06 UTC 2012

Hi there ....   Yesterday I had a disaster and trashed the hard drive on
which the testing version of Raring is installed.  I've been using
Raring for a month now with Quantal running as a dual-boot backup and
most things had been working just fine.  I re-installed Raring using
yesterday's daily build and UbuntuOne would not work due to the Python
module simplejson having gone missing in this build.  I reported this as
a bug and it is fixed in the next UbuntuOne release.

I had a similar problem in Calibre - this time cssselect was the missing
module.  But installing the module still gave a problem as a function
call had changed in the new module ....   I thought I'd mention this on
the list as I'm sure there will be other Python applications that are
broken, and the breakages probably won't show up until a new
installation of Raring is being used.

Regards,        Barry.

-- Barry Drake is a member of the the Ubuntu Advertising team.
http://ubuntuadverts.org/