[ubuntu-uk] Gwibber Facebook updates

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Mon Dec 17 10:38:49 UTC 2012

On 16/12/12 20:52, Alan Pope wrote:
> On 16/12/12 18:06, SuperEngineer wrote:
>> All suggestions [apart from "use a web browser and go the long way
>> round"] welcome.
>>

> Delete the connection to facebook and re-create it?
> Kill gwibber and gwibber-service run them from a terminal and look for
> interesting messages?

I used to use Gwibber, and then a few months ago it seemed to stop
working properly, so I uninstalled it.

You might find one of the apps at
http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2010/10/omg-5-five-facebook-apps-for-the-linux-desktop
helpful if Gwibber still gives problems. I have not tried them (other
than Gwibber). ALthough it could be a problem with the Facebook API
meaning that Gwibber is not receiving Facebook updates because of
Facebook, maybe even Facebook changed something in the way their feeds
go out to software through their API.

David K