[ubuntu-uk] Sony Experia

Jon Spriggs jon at sprig.gs
Sun Dec 16 08:40:34 UTC 2012

Hi Ted,

Even if later versions are available, you'll only get it if your mobile
network has also made it available. Some phone manufacturers have it so
that upgrades can only be performed from a Windows OS, which is referred to
as being not-OTA (Over The Air).

With regards to the battery, the device will have a counter which the
charging and discharging of the battery updates. If you flash a
non-manufacturer ROM, it may not update that counter properly, but for a
brand new phone, I wouldn't bother.

All the best,
--
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs