[ubuntu-uk] Ubuntu Global Jam and other Events

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Thu Aug 16 21:41:45 UTC 2012

We have a number of excuses coming up to go out and have fun together,
and I think we should grab all of these chances with all the hands we
can muster

6th-9th September
Ubuntu Global Jam
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGlobalJam This is a few days set aside for
activities to improve Ubuntu, we have done a variety of online
activities in the past and I think that might work well again this time,
possibly using Google Hangouts to get together and do some testing of
the new Quantal release or other activities suggested on the wiki page,
please reply with suggestions of things you would like to do for this
and we will try and make it happen. I think I will be a bit busy working
at the Paralympics when this is happening but I would love to see the UK
contributing bugs and fixes and such to Quantal as part of the Global Jam.

13th September
Brighton Happy Hour - someone suggested Brighton and the date which is a
great idea, but I don't recall who it was, or what pub was specified,
Someone pick a pub in Brighton and lets make this happen!  Please can
people in the area reply with pub suggestions and a general agreement on
the date.

22nd September
Farnham Happy Hour - various people are in the area or visiting and a
happy hour has been suggested, lets go to The Slug & Lettuce
http://www.thegoodpubguide.co.uk/pub/view/The-Slug-&-Lettuce-GU9-7RX (I
will set up the loco directory event thing)

18th October
Launch of Ubuntu 12.10 the Quantal Quetzal - This will probably be a pub
meet up in London, I will talk to some Canonical contacts about the
venue for this.

29th November
We have had a request for a London Happy Hour around the end of
November, we have met up a number of times in West London, lets go East
for this one, perhaps somewhere near the Olympic Venues in Stratford or
closer to the river. I will check out some pubs for this one (always
happy to do that kind of research)

December sometime
Christmas event! What should we do this year, last year was a
fascinating but rather pricey meal served in pitch darkness at Dans Le
Noir. What would you like to do this year? Classy meal?/Night at a
show?/Pie and a Pint?/Coffee and mince pies at Starbucks?/Group visit to
Bletchley Park?/something else? let me know your thoughts and I will see
what can be sorted out.

Alan.

--
I work athttp://libertus.co.uk