[ubuntu-uk] Lost sound

David King linuxman at avoura.com
Fri Aug 10 11:52:31 UTC 2012

For no apparent reason, I have suddenly lost all sound in my Ubuntu
Studio 12.04.

It worked okay this morning, and then when I tried to listen to
something else, the sound was gone. I checked all the physical
connections, the speakers are working (I also route TV sound through
them), and then I was offered some updates to the Linux kernel, which I
installed. I rebooted, but still no sound working from the PC. I have
checked the obvious sound settings and the volumes are on maximum.

Any ideas on how to get the sound back?

David K