[ubuntu-uk] recommendations for dongle internet?

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Tue Aug 7 15:51:03 UTC 2012

On 07/08/12 15:08, Adam Funk wrote:
> Thanks very much to everyone who replied. Unfortunately, having looked
> at the up-front prices for PAYG, and the total costs of the contracts,
> I've decided to just use the public library's wi-fi for a holiday
> (self-catering in the UK but without an internet connection). I'll
> file the information away in case I change my mind later, though.
> Thank, Adam

I got an unlocked dongle on e-bay really cheaply, and then looked for
the best deal for PAYG connection - at that time it was on 3 but
currently I believe TalkMobile is the best bet unless you want a lot of
data.  They cap at 25p per day for no more than 50mb which does for
e-mails and a bit of browsing.  I've used my dongle on 3, Virgin media,
t-mobile and TalkMobile - whichever is best for the moment.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/