[ubuntu-uk] Upgrading to 12.04 ....

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Mon Apr 30 17:42:54 UTC 2012

On 30/04/12 15:48, Keith Burnett wrote:
> Hi James
>
> No, its just like last time. Two shift-alt-SysRq-b restarts later
> I've purged ubuntuone-client. I use dropbox to sync PC to netbook,
> which is horribly hassle free in comparison.
>
> It is a shame that I can't brag about Ubuntu One. I appreciate that
> there might be a bit more traffic than usual at the moment.

I found U1 to be very good with smallish files and a bit burdened with
large files - I experimented with zipped files of 2GB or more, which
would be useful for me. From Ubuntu 11.10 it was not too bad but it
was hard to keep track of what stage it was at in a long upload
process - my down / up is 7M/100K. sending tens of GB up takes many
many days and nights, non stop.

--
alan cocks