[ubuntu-uk] Upgrading to 12.04 ....

Keith Burnett kpb at sohcahtoa.org.uk
Mon Apr 30 15:52:50 UTC 2012

Hello Tony

Sorry about 'chap', no offense meant.

It would be good if the upgrade process was better than it is for people. As Alan C is always emphasising as Ubuntu gets on consumer devices, laptops etc more people are going to have to cope with an 'operating system replacement' which is what an upgrade is.

I think a large external hard drive would be a good thing to have independent of that. I have had a hard drive fail (ok, one, years ago) and I have had one laptop motherboard fail (hard drive ok but had to wait a week or two for laptop to be fixed.

Cheers
--
Keith Burnett
http://sohcahtoa.org.uk/