[ubuntu-uk] Upgrading to 12.04 ....

Bruno Girin brunogirin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 15:49:56 UTC 2012

On 30/04/12 11:29, Colin Law wrote:
> On 30 April 2012 11:15, Andy Braben <andybraben at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Backing up is important and vital at all times - not just for an upgrade. I
>> do not have a lot of sympathy for users who never ever backup, and never
>> enters their heads to do so. To me it is vitally important - I keep backups
>> off site as well.
> The reason many users do not have backups is not stupidity or laziness
> it is a lack of the knowledge that one should have backups, and lack
> of knowledge on how to do it.  For those one should have sympathy.
> What to do about it I do not know.

Good thing that 12.04 comes with a backup tool that actually pops up
automatically at least once to ask you to configure backup settings
then! You don't have to use it but it is pro-active in telling you it's
there and available. This should fix the knowledge problem.

Laziness and stupidity, you just can't fix.

Bruno