[ubuntu-uk] Upgrading to 12.04 - nontechnical users

alex at acockell.eclipse.co.uk alex at acockell.eclipse.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 11:39:25 UTC 2012

hi Alan,

"

	"well it doesn't hose the system, it upgrades it to newer and better
stuff." Yeah - but from the perspective of the average non-tech user
(who was just hitting Next Next Next so they could go to cBeebies - a
major upgrade DOES need to be a deliberate action

(return return return... WTF is my box doing?!

Dumped into Unity after reboots - user completely lost)

Hence my suggestion of making the default highlighted button "no", so
they have to actively choose "yes".

Thoughts?