[ubuntu-uk] Upgrading to 12.04 ....

Colin Law clanlaw at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 30 10:29:26 UTC 2012

On 30 April 2012 11:15, Andy Braben <andybraben at gmail.com> wrote:
> Backing up is important and vital at all times - not just for an upgrade. I
> do not have a lot of sympathy for users who never ever backup, and never
> enters their heads to do so. To me it is vitally important - I keep backups
> off site as well.

The reason many users do not have backups is not stupidity or laziness
it is a lack of the knowledge that one should have backups, and lack
of knowledge on how to do it.  For those one should have sympathy.
What to do about it I do not know.

On the other hand there are also many cases of laziness and stupidity
and I doubt if there are any of us here who have not fallen into that
category with regards to backups at some point.  It generally requires
a disaster of some sort to make one see the error of ones ways :)

Colin