[ubuntu-uk] Upgrading to 12.04 ....

Alan Bell alan.bell at libertus.co.uk
Sun Apr 29 19:14:46 UTC 2012

On 29/04/12 20:11, Bruno Girin wrote:

> I did. On two machines with no problem. I don't think upgrading to 12.04
> is disastrous. I think two things are happening:
> 1. Ubuntu has a very wide user base with a lot of different configs so
> even if 1% of users have issues, it will appear as a very large number.
another thing that is going on is that we are probably supporting more
machines than before, so we might be adding 5 systems that wouldn't boot
and work correctly before and breaking 1. You only get to hear about the 1.

I have upgraded several machines to 12.04 without incident, they just
got a bit faster.

Alan.

--
Libertus Solutions http://libertus.co.uk