[ubuntu-uk] Broke my 112.04 installation

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 29 17:38:12 UTC 2012

On 29/04/12 12:30, scoundrel50a wrote:

> Is there anyway I can reinstall/repair using terminal, so that I dont
> loose all the folders I have on the laptop? Rather than go through
> loads of questions......might be easier.....

one thing you could consider is a reinstall without formatting the disk,
that will preserve the /home partition so all your folders should be
fine. Do a backup first though, and you have been a bit vague about what
the problem actually is so I don't know if it is a good or bad idea to
do this.

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk