[ubuntu-uk] Update 2012- Re: Fwd: [Ossg-announcements] Adoption of Open Source across HM Government – London 22/02/11 and 01/03/11]]

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 29 10:12:32 UTC 2012

On 24/04/12 23:12, Bruno Girin wrote:
> On 24/04/12 23:04, Andrés Muñiz Piniella wrote:
>> El jue, 19-04-2012 a las 12:00 +0000, ubuntu-uk-request at lists.ubuntu.com
>> escribió:
>>>
>>> Re: [ubuntu-uk] Update 2012- Re:
>>> Fwd: [Ossg-announcements] Adoption
>>> of Open Source across HM Government
>>> – London 22/02/11 and 01/03/11]]
>>>                              Fecha:
>>> Thu, 19 Apr 2012 09:35:19 +0100
>>>
>> Is anybody attending these?
>> http://consultation.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/openstandards/events/
>>
>> I guess today is a bit late for the first one.
> The last one left is this Friday in London.

There will be another one because the moderator of the first one turned
out to be engaged by Microsoft to advise them on their response to the
consultation which was an undisclosed conflict of interests.

http://www.computerweekly.com/blogs/public-sector/2012/04/proprietary-lobby-triumphs-in.html
http://www.computerweekly.com/opinion/An-insiders-view-on-the-government-open-standards-consultation
http://digital.cabinetoffice.gov.uk/2012/04/26/open-standards-consultation-important-update/
(hey is that a wordpress favicon?)

something tells me the rerun of that session will be a bit different to
the first round.

Alan.

--
I work at http://libertus.co.uk