[ubuntu-uk] Broke my 112.04 installation

Timothy Rittman tim.rittman at doctors.org.uk
Sat Apr 28 19:43:14 UTC 2012

On Sat 28 Apr 2012 15:31:46 BST, Kris Douglas wrote:
> On 28 April 2012 14:34, scoundrel50a<scoundrel50a at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> been fiddling around, and its broke, it wont load.....I can get into the
>> terminal, even the rescue part, tried a few things on the rescue side but it
>> didnt work, is there any way I can use the terminal to repair this, or do
>> you think it would be easier to reinstall.....
>
> Are you getting any error messages or notices when the machine is
> trying to boot into normal mode?
>
> Need a lot more information to make an educated recommendation.

I'm not sure whether you problem could be similar to issues I had on a
couple of previous upgrades where grub failed to install properly and i
was left at the grub rescue terminal. If so, the instructions to
reinstall GRUB2 may help on this page:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2#Reinstalling_GRUB2

Regards,

Tim