[ubuntu-uk] 12.04 Unity intro poster

Bill Baker boosys at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 16:31:50 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-04-28 at 15:55 +0100, alan c wrote:
> On 28/04/12 14:14, kpb wrote:
> > On 28/04/12 11:59, Barry Drake wrote:
> >>  Someone just upgraded from 10.04 and after answering a couple of
> >>  questions, I pointed him to the poster.  He found it very helpful.
> >
> > Hello Barry and all
> >
> > That is exactly what/who the poster is for, I'm glad it was useful.
> >
> > The Ubuntu Desktop Guide really is good documentation once you get the
> > names of things and the basic actions sorted out.
>
> I think it has been noticed that Ubuntu 12.04 does not make it at all
> easy to find a useful Help facility, not sure if a bug has been raised
> at all, I hope so. One guinea pig I saw use it here immediately
> searched around for a help list. Unfortunately  even I did not know
> where that was ... :-(
>
> My try was F1 but this is context sensitive.
>
> --
> alan cocks

Reading this - and purely as a guess....

I hit the <Super>** key which, of course, opened the main lens.
I typed "help".
There it was.

Whilst that might be an obvious route to me - it most definite;y would
not be to a new Unity user.

** I would hit the <Super> key - wouldn't I. I am <Super>Engineer.  ;D

--
Regards,
Bill B. [SuperEngineer]