[ubuntu-uk] 12.04 Unity intro poster

kpb kpb at sohcahtoa.org.uk
Sat Apr 28 15:20:12 UTC 2012

On 28/04/12 15:55, alan c wrote:

> I think it has been noticed that Ubuntu 12.04 does not make it at all
> easy to find a useful Help facility, not sure if a bug has been raised
> at all, I hope so. One guinea pig I saw use it here immediately
> searched around for a help list. Unfortunately  even I did not know
> where that was ... :-(
>
> My try was F1 but this is context sensitive.

Hello Alan

Yes, I was wondering why the Desktop Guide isn't in the Launcher on a
default install. The corresponding Gnome Desktop Help application is in
the Gnome Activity screen on a default install.

There is a Launchpad bug here

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity/+bug/778289

and some discussion on the unity-design mailing list here

https://lists.launchpad.net/unity-design/msg08561.html

Cheers