[ubuntu-uk] Install problems...

alan c aeclist at candt.waitrose.com
Sat Apr 28 07:22:12 UTC 2012

On 27/04/12 18:05, James Morrissey wrote:
> Found the bug report.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/b43-fwcutter/+bug/909871
>
> If anyone can tell me how to set
>
> b43.blacklist=yes
>
> I'd appreciate it.

With a live CD: when you see the symbols at the bottom of the display,
press a key, to get the menu choices, choose language, then
use F6 for more options,
which reveals a boot command line
at the end, add the string
  b43.blacklist=yes
(space before and space following)
and then boot

This worked for me because the b43 was not included (kernel??) and is
now not expected.
I later installed, and using a wired ethernet, it was easy to use the
ubuntu software centre to get the b43 wireless drivers firmware whatever.

I had this prob with an inspiron1300 laptop
the blacklist is not difficult, though a tad inconvenient:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11834488&postcount=7

--
alan cocks