[ubuntu-uk] Install problems...

James Morrissey morrissey.james1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 20:58:33 UTC 2012

Hi Tony,

> I have just tried a Lubuntu 12.04 beta on USB in my old EEEPC (and I mean
> the original 7" with Celeron processor and 512MB) and had no problem.

Yes, its been great using 11.10. I set up the same machine as you have
for my mother using 11.10, and it worked like a charm.

> It does reach a stage where the dots stop changing colour, but after about a
> minute or so of that it does boot OK.

I waited a fair while. I'll try it again and just leave it to sit
there and see what happens.

> What is your machine?

Asus ARp6, 1GB or R    Screen size - 15.4 in - 1280 x 800
Processor - Intel Celeron M 420 - 1.6 GHz
RAM - 512 MB (added another 512)
Hard Drive - 80 GB
Optical Drive - DVD±RW (+R double layer) / DVD-RAM
Graphics - ATI Radeon Xpress 200M
Webcam - Integrated