[ubuntu-uk] My 12.04 experience

Pete Smout psmouty at live.com
Mon Apr 23 17:37:21 UTC 2012

Hi,
Just thought I'd feedback my 12.04 experiences so far.

Ubuntu will not install on any of the 3 machines tried on so far! Gets
as far as asking for user name / psswd and then says error! tried 2
different downloads so I think its the system not the .iso image

Xubuntu 12.04 (Beta 2) installs first time no trouble at all and
although I haven't tested everything yet my first impressions are 'Wow
why would anybody use Unity on a PC or Laptop!'

I hope this situation is not the same for first time installers as if it
was my first experience I would probably still be a Windoze user!

Still unsure weather or not to upgrade my main machine from 10.04 as I
personally cannot see the benefit of unity on a PC (and two years on I
have Lucid set just how I want it!)

Reagrds

Pete