[ubuntu-uk] Since my last update

Phill Whiteside PhillW at Ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 22 09:53:12 UTC 2012

Keep it away from the bed clothes / quilt! My current piglet (unix name of
my laptop)  was passed on to me as a system that over-heated within a
couple of minutes. The judicious use of a commercial vacuum cleaner with
small nozzle attached sorted that problem out :) As the 'muck' is sucked
into the macine, simply sucking on the import side of the fan (the outside)
sorted it out. For desktop systems, the 'muck' can get into your CPU fan
etc, but laptops tend to use a heat-sink to the central fan. At least, that
has been my experience with laptops.

Regards,

Phill.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw