[ubuntu-uk] Since my last update

James Morrissey morrissey.james1 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 08:45:51 UTC 2012

On 6 March 2012 19:33, James Morrissey <morrissey.james1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since my last update a number of things have stopped working.
>
> 1. Brightness controls no longer work (fn+F8 and fn+F9)
> 2. Only skip forward works (fn+F12), skip backwards (fn+F10) no longer does
> 3. Suspend on lid-close appears to have stopped working - the box is
> checked in my power preferences
> 4. Fan appears to have stopped working.
>
> I am using the Gnome 3 desktop and running a thinkpadx121e.
>
> Does anyone know how i go about finding out what's causing the
> problem, or how i can fix it?
>
> Thanks,

On this issue, it played up again, with the fan problems meaning the
machine was getting way too hot. So i sent it back to Lenovo who
cleaned everything out and replaced both the keyboard and fan. All
under warranty so no cost - other than the 10 days without my machine.

Everything is working now with the machine running cool.