[ubuntu-uk] Stopping bluetooth .....

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Thu Apr 19 07:24:23 UTC 2012

On 19/04/12 07:42, Colin Law wrote:
> HOWEVER if the above command is put into /etc/rc.local then 'sudo rfkill
> unblock bluetooth' will do a proper restart, and restart will also take
> place from the Bluetooth icon, or the Bluetooth settings application.
> Does switching it off in System Settings>  Bluetooth not do it?  If
> not can someone explain why?

It does - but only for the duration of the current session.  After
re-boot, this setting reverts to the default in which Bluetooth is
turned on.  Personally, I think it's state ought to be remembered, but
this is definitely not the case.  I gather from searches online that
loads of questions have been asked about this but so far nothing has
been done.  At least now I have a solution.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/