[ubuntu-uk] 12.04 CD pre-orders

Alan Bell alanbell at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 15 19:19:54 UTC 2012

On 14/04/12 16:31, Bill Baker wrote:

> Alan,
> would it be "accwptable" to ask for one purely on the basis that when
> saying "you really ought to try this" to those I'm trying to convert -
> it is more convincing / " professional to show a cd from a "professonal"
> covered CD wrapper?  After all - many years ago - that's how I got here.
> It worked for me - and still works for others - break the barrier&
> convince of the goodness!
>
> If an acceptable reason for nicking one our copies I will gladly spend
> the postage etc.
>

> Regards,
> Bill B. [SuperEngineer]
>
> ------------------------------
> -Registered Linux User 523667-
> -Registered Ubuntu User 32366-
> -----Free  as in Freedom------

absolutely fine, I am more than happy to stuff an envelope with as many
as will fit for you to hand out. Anyone who has an organized means to
hand out lots of them can ask for a box of 75 (folk who do computer
fairs, have a shop or work in a university or whatever, just tell me how
you are going to get them distributed and you can have them)

Alan.

--
The Open Learning Centre is rebranding, find out about our new name and look at http://libertus.co.uk