[ubuntu-uk] Viglen MPC-L, what now?

Miia Ranta myrtti+ubuntu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 06:59:06 UTC 2012

On 13 April 2012 01:52, Matthew Revell <matthew.revell at canonical.com> wrote:
> I know a few other UK Ubuntu people bought the Viglen MPC-L a few years back.
>
> I've got one sitting on my shelf doing nowt (I've got another machine
> to do what the Viglen used to, plus a lot more). With 586 support no
> longer in Ubuntu (okay, still got three years to go on 10.10), and it
> being a tad slow, I'm wondering what to do with it. Anyone else got
> stories of what they're doing with theirs now?

I'll be installing Debian onto the little trustworthy box soonish, and
continue to use it as an irssi/iPlayer box. It has also served as a
backend to our CurrentCost electric usage metering...

Miia "Myrtti" Ranta
--
GCS/ED/FA/H/P/S/L/O d- s-:+ a31 C++ UL+ P+ L+++ E W+++ N+ o K+ w+(---)
!O M V? PS++ PE>$ Y+ PGP- t+ 5+++ X+ R tv- b+++ DI++++ D-- G e>+++ h-