[ubuntu-uk] Youtube colour is wrong

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 10:51:28 UTC 2012

On 9 April 2012 20:47, Piskie <ub.untu at btinternet.com> wrote:
> On 09/04/12 20:34, Andres Muniz wrote:
>
> hi,
>
> looks like you tube shows in shades of blue. Really wierd. i was able to see
> a bbc film alright though. I'm using firefox on ubuntu 11.10.
>
> Probably some configuration that my toddler pressed that i have no way to
> find out. By the way: if you want to test os and apps use a toddler as as a
> beta tester.
>
> Any clues would be great to know.
>

> Though I can understand wanting to blame a toddler - been there done that
>
> It's not ;)
>
> There are a few fixes kicking about.
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11824089&postcount=1

Thanks for this! I've had exactly the same problem but weirdly only YT
was affected - all other video-streaming sites were OK.

The Flash settings dialog was unresponsive for me, but accessing it in
fullscreen mode worked.

Which reminds me - does anyone know why fullscreen mode isn't, but is
usually only slightly bigger than the large-video view? Is it a
side-effect of dual-head operation? I'm on an nVidia GeForce 230 with
2 dissimilar CRTs, 19" + 21".

Tel: +44 20-8685-0498 • Cell: +44 7939-087884