[ubuntu-uk] Worrying article

Bruno Girin brunogirin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 15:18:00 UTC 2012

On 09/04/12 15:16, Colin Law wrote:
> On 9 April 2012 14:37, Alan Bell <alan.bell at libertus.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 09/04/12 11:20, Steve wrote:
>>>
>>> The problem is not with the journalist but, Ubuntu.  The explanations as
>>> to what is going on with these settings can best be described as vague.
>>>  Until Alan's explanation I wasn't sure what they're for.  I've submitted a
>>> bug #977106 to LP if people would like to add to it.
>>>

>> well apart from tossing in the word "zeitgeist" (which nobody really
>> understands and would be called jargon or gobbledygook geek stuff by most
>> people) I don't really see what my explanation added over the default text
>> that is on the screenshots and there to be read. What was the bit I said
>> that was helpful compared to what is there already?
> I think that your comments made it clear /where/ the information is
> being stored (on the PC not off on the internet somewhere) and /why/
> (for the users convenience not for snooping purposes).  You may think
> that these things are obvious but that is not necessarily correct.

That sounds like the sort of details that should go in the existing bug
report to help clarify it:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/activity-log-manager/+bug/967056

Colin, do you want to do that so that you can express it in your own
words? Otherwise I'm happy to add more details to the comments so that
the developers understand the nature of the problem. I should probably
install activity-log-manager so that I can see for myself what the whole
thing is about :-)

Cheers,

Bruno