[ubuntu-uk] Unity testing

Steve yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 8 19:47:42 UTC 2012

On Sun, 08 Apr 2012 20:03:54 +0100
Norman Silverstone <norman at littletank.org> wrote:

> < snip >
>
> Once upon a time ordinary folk did have a voice which was welcomed. I
> know because I was one of them. I was one of the first non-technical
> users of Ubuntu and was used as a bit of a guinea-pig by one of my sons
> who worked for Canonical. It was all very new to me and I found and
> filed bugs. But, as Canonical became more complex and diverse, so the
> sort of help which users like me could give appeared to be of less and
> less use to developers.

I don't think the help non-technical users can give is of any less use to the developers. It's just, as you said, things have become more complex, diverse, less personal and less obvious so people tend to give up reporting things or are unsure where to report them.
I see no problem raising bugs against the tests on Launchpad.  If the tests have problems and people ignore them then bugs are not going to be found.  There's no point in making things frustrating for those that want to help.

--
Steve <yorvik.ubunto at googlemail.com>